ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: ant 1.6.2 conditional issue
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 05:17:13 GMT
A look into Ant's buildfile [1] would help ;-)
Ant has support classes for different JDKs, but must be able to build on a JDK 1.2.
Therefore there are mechanisms for handling that:

    <available property="jdk1.3+" classname="java.lang.StrictMath"/>
    <available property="jdk1.4+" classname="java.lang.CharSequence"/>
    <available property="jdk1.5+" classname="java.lang.Readable"/>

Simply checks for the existence of a 'newer' class.
Then you can use conditional targets

<target if="jdk1.5+">
    <!-- do Java5 stuff -->
</target>