ant-user mailing list archives

From ckn...@onebox.com
Subject RE: Re: Ant won't run, help interpreting output needed
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 15:10:33 GMT
Thanks to you both.

The answer was, indeed, in the environment.

I copied the name of the %ANT_HOME% directory from the Windows explorer when I was in the
bin subdirectory. I accidentally copied the trailing path separator "\". When the expression
%ANT_HOME%\bin was expanded, it became C:\apache-ant-1.6.5\\bin (note the two, consecutive
backslashes). All is now well.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     Scot P. Floess <floess@mindspring.com>
Sent:     Mon, 01 May 2006 10:56:46 -0400
To:       Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Ant won't run, help interpreting output needed

Based on the error statements I see, java must be found.  But, I agree
that it looks like an environment issue...

RĂ©mon van Gijn wrote:
> Seems your java environment is not correct.
> Try running "java -version" is that working ok.
> Check your environment with "set" is JAVA_HOME set, and ANT_HOME ?
>
> Remember to put %JAVA_HOME%/bin on the environment PATH setting.
> That should be it.
>
> Rgds,
> Remon van Gijn

I just installed it on my workstation at a new job this morning. I have a build.xml file in
the directory from which I call ant, but with or without the build file, I get the following.
Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong? Thanks.

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale

252-478-8087 (Home)