ant-user mailing list archives

From "Huxi LI" <hux...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asking for new feature: Self-Discovery of service to make Ant a real extensible system
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 14:17:18 GMT
Very interesting dicussion in this thread. And it seems most people are in
favor
of using namespace as a single mechanism. It is true that using namespace is
the
most simple way to resolve conflict, but I insist that it is not the most
transparent
solution for users. That is because, IMHO, uniform acess principal is
important in many case,
using antlib destroy such beauty. As a simple example, when ant is
integrated
in Groovy using the AntBuilder, we can seamlessly invoke any Ant tasks and
datatypes by
using simple method call such as:

              ant.echo("Hello World")

But using namespace destroys such uniform access principal provided by the
core project comonents,
and so it destroy the seamless integration with groovy as well. Anyway,
thanks all for the active discussion.

HL