ant-user mailing list archives

From Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordg...@chello.se>
Subject Re: AW: Setting and debugging class paths
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 13:35:10 GMT

On 15 maj 2006, at 13.15, <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
<Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

>> Is there any ant task available that can display a class path,
>> to verify that class path settings are correct.
>> Also, are there any good reference texts available on setting
>> the class path for Ant tasks - in particular, I can't find
>> anything that suggests how to do the
>> following:
>> Set the class path the default ant class path, WITH THE
>> EXCEPTION of SOME JAR file installed in the ant lib directory
>

> Dont set CLASSPATH for Ant.
>
> Inside the buildfile you could use <path>s, e.g.
>
> <path id="classpath">
>     <fileset dir="lib" excludes="dont-use-this.jar"/>
> </path>
> <java .... classpathref="classpath"/>
>

> Jan
	I have tested this. It does not work. I tested by creating a dummy
class, and installing it's jar in the standard ant
library directory. Even when I explicitly tell ant to ignore this jar
in the way you suggested, using the javac task
in another project finds the class.
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@chello.se