ant-user mailing list archives

From "Trent Ohannessian" <toh...@gmail.com>
Subject Qustion about property prefix...
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 20:02:00 GMT
Hello.  I'm trying to use the <property> task with a prefix.  Here is the
code I'm using:

    <property file="./webtest.properties" prefix="${env}" />
    <echo message="host: ${host}" />

And here is the properties file I'm trying to load:

localhost.host=localhost
qa.host=qatest.domain.com

localhost.port=8080
qa.port=80

When I use the prefix property option, none of the properties are read and
they are not usable in the Ant script.  What I'm trying to do is pass in a
property on the command line and then use the correct set of properties
based on server.  I can see the localhost getting passed into the Ant script
correctly, but it doesn't work even if I hardcode localhost into prefix="".
  Is this the right way to go about doing this?

Thanks!
Trent

--
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them
all yourself.