ant-user mailing list archives

From "Barak Yaish" <bya...@cloverleafcomm.com>
Subject rmic problem when using ant
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 06:14:03 GMT
Hi all,

I'm facing strange problem when I'm using the RMIC task. First, let me describe the relevant
classes:

Class A extends UnicastRemoteObject implements AInterface
Interface AInterface implements Remote

Class B extends A implements BInterface
Interface BInterface extends AInterface

The methods in class A defined as throwing SomeException  (beside RemoteException), found
in 3rd party jar.

The sequence in build.xml is: compile A, rmic A, compile B, rmic B

Now, compile and rmic A is working ok. Compiling B is working ok. Rmic of b not working -
the message displayed is:
[rmic] error: Class SomeException not found in class A. (this is not mistake - why A appears
here?)

1) What this message means?

The strange part, when I re-running ant with the same build.xml everything is working fine,
include the rmic of B.

2) What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Barak.