ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: how to use spawn in linux for exec
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 11:32:51 GMT
I also don't think you want to use spawn in this instance...  I am
guessing you want to see the result of the call?  If so, ant won't log
anything with the spawn attribute set to true.  Another thing, I note
you are using ls - unfortunately, with no spawn, you will get an error
from sh as follows:

     [exec] /bin/sh: - : invalid option
     [exec] Usage:      /bin/sh [GNU long option] [option] ...
     [exec]     /bin/sh [GNU long option] [option] script-file ...
     [exec] GNU long options:
     [exec]     --debug
     [exec]     --debugger
     [exec]     --dump-po-strings
     [exec]     --dump-strings
     [exec]     --help
     [exec]     --init-file
     [exec]     --login
     [exec]     --noediting
     [exec]     --noprofile
     [exec]     --norc
     [exec]     --posix
     [exec]     --protected
     [exec]     --rcfile
     [exec]     --rpm-requires
     [exec]     --restricted
     [exec]     --verbose
     [exec]     --version
     [exec]     --wordexp
     [exec] Shell options:
     [exec]     -irsD or -c command or -O shopt_option
(invocation only)
     [exec]     -abefhkmnptuvxBCHP or -o option
     [exec] Result: 2

I think all you really want to do is to execute the "ls" command?