ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Commenting/generate documentation from an ant script
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 15:38:45 GMT
I have what may be either a stupid questions or a silly ones...but I
can't find an answer (perhaps my google search is using the wrong key
words)...

As part of one of my open source projects I am working on some (I hope)
reusable Ant scripts.  I have some macro definitions, etc.  I was
wondering if there is any standard out there on how one should document
macros?  Sorta like javadoc notation or some "preferred" way of internal
documentation.

Another question, is there a tool to generate java-doc like HTML against
Ant scripts?  Or does one need to handcraft their own web pages?

Final question (wow it just keeps going):  what about unit test cases
for one's Ant scripts.  For instance, supposing one writes macros - what
do people do for unit test cases?  Presently, I have a script file that
imports the macro scripts file and calls out to the macros...then I
evaluate properties, etc for accuracy.  However, I was wondering if
there is some "preferred" mechanism as well...

Thanks again :)

Scot

--
Scot P. Floess