ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: MailLogger=OK, task <mail>=SMTPSendFailedException?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 22:05:28 GMT
Silly question:  what happens if you do <echoproperties/> prior to the
<mail> call?  Do you see your various MailLogger properties set as you
have them in your properties file?  I am asking because I don't see,
based upon your example, the line that sets the properties from the
file...I'm wondering if maybe something isn't set as you expect it to be...

Jeff A. Drost wrote:
> I cannot figure out why ant's MailLogger will send an email, but the
> <mail> task will not, when they both share similar SMTP properties in my
> build & properties file.
>
> Ant 1.6.5
> Windows XP SP2
> Java 5 Update 6
>
> The ant logger argument "-logger
> org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger" sends an email when my build
> fails.  When I use the <mail> task in the same build script, a
> SMTPSendFailedException is thrown:
>
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Requested action
> not taken: message refused
>
> Both the mail logger and the <mail> task share the same mail host.  The
> only difference I can discern is the mime types.  The 2nd email, sent
> via the <mail> task, is of mime type "text/html".  If I specify no
> message mime type, I receive the same SMTPSendFailedException as above.
>
> >From the properties file:
> MailLogger.mailhost=something.com
> MailLogger.from=something@something.com
> MailLogger.port=25
> MailLogger.failure.notify=true
> MailLogger.success.notify=false
> MailLogger.failure.to=JDrost@something.com
> MailLogger.success.to=JDrost@something.com
> MailLogger.failure.subject=Java Compile Failure
> MailLogger.success.subject=Ant Success
> test.mail.list=JDrost@something.com
> test.mail.subject=Unit Test Failure
>
> >From the ant build file:
> <mail mailhost="${MailLogger.mailhost}" mailport="${MailLogger.port}"
> 	subject="${test.mail.subject}" tolist="${test.mail.list}"
> 	messagemimetype="text/html"
> messagefile="${test.report.dir}/junit-noframes.html"
> 	from="${MailLogger.from}" replyto="${MailLogger.from}"
> />
>
> Advise?

> The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from
your system and contact the sender.

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549