ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Checking out to the same directory
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 10:00:03 GMT
Venkat Kotu wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a need to checkout files from 3 different modules to the same
> destination directory.

Uh oh.

  I have used -d option to specify the destination
> directory. My ant file is as below:
>

> <cvs cvsroot=${cvs.root}.
>
>       <commandline>
>
>               <argument line="checkout -d ${destdir} -r myTag
> mod1.file1"/>
>
>       </commandline>
>
> </cvs>
>

> <cvs cvsroot=${cvs.root}.
>
>       <commandline>
>
>               <argument line="checkout -d ${destdir} -r myTag
> mod2.differentFile"/>
>
>       </commandline>
>
> </cvs>
>

> I was expecting this to work. The mod1.file1 is checked out. While
> trying to check out the mod2.differentFile I get the following output on
> the console::
>

> [cvs] cvs checkout: existing repository repositoryName.mod1.file1 does
> not match with mod2.differentFile
>
> [cvs] cvs checkout: ignoring module mod2.differentFile
>

> As a result the file from the second module is not checked out.
>

> I tried with a generic target defined in a different file and calling it
> with the destdir and module as parameters to the antcall task. Outcome
> is the same as above.
>

> What I am doing wrong?

This is not ant complaining, this is CVS complaining. Dont do this, CVS
doesnt like it. It retains all those CVS/ directories to cache state,
and if you try checking out another repository in the same place it is
bound to get into a mess.

Check them out into different places then copy stuff into a target
directory.