ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: xslt extension question
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 15:16:40 GMT
Mary Milne wrote:
> hi robert
>
> sadly i need sgml not html. running the script with saxon on a command
> line is fine
>
> ie java -cp saxon.jar:.:SGMLEmitter.jar icl.org.saxon.StyleSheet xslt
> input out

don't you need something like

xsl:output/@method="myprefix:sgml"

? I didn't know you could put the jar file there. If you can, then would
you need the path set correctly? Do you have it in the same directory as
the XSL?

Anyway, you could try to run the build with the -verbose flag to get
more information.

best,
-Rob

> (sorry haven't got the line at hand but its close enough) but now i want
> to invoke it from ant's xslt task and the doc seems to say the callpath
> att is for the xslt proc - fine - but the proc ie saxon.jar can't find
> SGMLEmitter.jar - hence problem.
>
> cheers mary
>
> Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com> wrote on 10/05/2006 15:34:58:
>
>> Mary Milne wrote:
>>> hi
>>>
>>> i'm trying to run the <xslt> task using saxon.jar - that bits fine ie
>>> <xslt classpath="${lib}/saxon.jar"..................
>>>
>>> the problem is the xslt script has an extension to make the output
> SGML ie
>>> <xsl:output method="my.sgml.jar".............
>> This is not valid.
>>
>> Why not just use method="html" with whatever? Also just set
>> doctype-public and doctype-system to your particular values.
>>
>> best,
>> -Rob
>>

>>> so the question is: how do i pass the location of this jar file to
> saxon?
>>> i've tried:
>>>
>>> 1. adding it to the classpath <xslt
>>> classpath="${lib}/saxon.jar:${lib}/SGMLEmitter.jar"
>>> 2. adding a <classpath> element to <xslt>