ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff A. Drost" <JDr...@galaxyplus.com>
Subject MailLogger=OK, task <mail>=SMTPSendFailedException?
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 20:52:01 GMT
I cannot figure out why ant's MailLogger will send an email, but the
<mail> task will not, when they both share similar SMTP properties in my
build & properties file.

Ant 1.6.5
Windows XP SP2
Java 5 Update 6

The ant logger argument "-logger
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger" sends an email when my build
fails.  When I use the <mail> task in the same build script, a
SMTPSendFailedException is thrown:

com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Requested action
not taken: message refused

Both the mail logger and the <mail> task share the same mail host.  The
only difference I can discern is the mime types.  The 2nd email, sent
via the <mail> task, is of mime type "text/html".  If I specify no
message mime type, I receive the same SMTPSendFailedException as above.

>From the properties file:
MailLogger.mailhost=something.com
MailLogger.from=something@something.com
MailLogger.port=25
MailLogger.failure.notify=true
MailLogger.success.notify=false
MailLogger.failure.to=JDrost@something.com
MailLogger.success.to=JDrost@something.com
MailLogger.failure.subject=Java Compile Failure
MailLogger.success.subject=Ant Success
test.mail.list=JDrost@something.com
test.mail.subject=Unit Test Failure

>From the ant build file:
<mail mailhost="${MailLogger.mailhost}" mailport="${MailLogger.port}"
	subject="${test.mail.subject}" tolist="${test.mail.list}"
	messagemimetype="text/html"
messagefile="${test.report.dir}/junit-noframes.html"
	from="${MailLogger.from}" replyto="${MailLogger.from}"
/>

Advise?

The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from your
system and contact the sender.