ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reil...@loria.fr>
Subject Re: subant and memory problems
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 15:08:22 GMT
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 07:49:26AM -0500, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> It's quite possible Ant or SubAnt itself hold on to too many
> references. There have been fixes in Ant's ComponentHelper in the
> past. But maybe Tom's compiler could be at fault as well, no? This
> would need to be investigated using a JProbe-like tool.
I tried to trace a build run under jprofiler, but it didn't show obvious
problems in tom.
Also, if I change the build to avoid the use of subant, by inlining all
subprocesses, the build goes farther, since it loads all tom's compiler
classes only once, instead of once for each subant part.

We are still looking for memory problems in tom, but it looks like tom
is not the only one at fault there.

Cheers,
antoine