ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Reilles <Antoine.Reil...@loria.fr>
Subject subant and memory problems
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 15:48:48 GMT
Hi,

For building the examples of the tom project (http://tom.loria.fr), we
use the subant task, each example containing a build.xml snippet, using
  <target name="build.all">
    <subant target="build">
      <fileset dir="." includes="*/build.xml"/>
    </subant>
  </target>
Those examples do use the tom ant task to compile tom sources to java,
and then javac. The tom ant task require to load the tom compiler, which
is a java application. However, we currently notice memory problems when
building all examples. For each example, ant do load all tom's compiler
classes, but it seems they are never released. thus, after a few
examples, ant dies with an OutOfMemory error. Buildinf with -v -d shows
ant do load the classes of the tom compiler and all dependancies for
each subant task, with

[snip]
Finding class aterm.ATermAppl
Loaded from /home/tonio/workspace/jtom/src/dist/lib/aterm.jar
aterm/ATermAppl.class
Class aterm.ATermAppl loaded from ant loader (parentFirst)
[snip]

However, there is no mentions of unloading.
Is it possible that ant do retain some memory, and thus causes the
failure ? Or are we using the subant task incorrectly ?

Best regards,
antoine