ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic references to properties files
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 17:11:12 GMT
You examples below are a little confusing, so forgive me if I am
completely missing the mark with this advice.

My suggestion is to not try to fit all the properties into a single
file. Try creating a properties file for each environment.

dev.properties
===============
webpath=http://localhost:7001/cis-7.6.0

qa.properties
=============
webpath=http://some-server.com:8185/cis-7.6.0

staging.properties
==============
webpath=http://some-server2.com:8185/cis-7.6.0

Then in your build.xml you can load the appropriate properties file
based on the value of another property, like ${env} for example.

build.xml
===========
<property file="${env}.properties"/>
<!-- make sure the user set the env property when running ant -->
<fail unless="env">You must specify the env property on the command
line. For example:
ant -Denv=dev
</fail>

So based in the value of ${env} you will have a different value for
${webpath}. You can do the same for other environment specific
properties as well.

I hope this helps.

-Rob Anderson