ant-user mailing list archives

From "Guttula, Mohan" <MGutt...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: How to initialize the value of a boolean property based on the output from Custom Java ANT task?
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 22:29:30 GMT

As per Dominiques's suggestion, I have used
setNewProperty("isLabelFrozen", String.valueOf(isLabelFrozen)) and I got
the correct value of the property inside the checkout task, but having
issues with if/unless attributes.

I have tried if/unless in <target> or in <fail> task (which is inside
checkout) and got the following results:

1) With "unless" attributes in checkout target, the checkout is always
successful (no matter what ever the value of property "isLabelFrozen"
[true or false]).
2) With "if" attribute in checkout target, the checkout target never ran
(no matter what ever the value of property "isLabelFrozen" [true or
false]).
3) With "if" attribute in <fail> task which is inside checkout target
and no "if" or "unless" in the target, the checkout is always successful
(no matter what ever the value of property "isLabelFrozen" [true or
false]).
4) With "unless" attribute in <fail> task which is inside checkout
target and no "if" or "unless" in the target, the checkout target always
failed (no matter what ever the value of property "isLabelFrozen" [true
or false]).

Is there an issue with "if" and "unless" when creating new property with

"setNewProperty" method inside the java code?

Note: checkout target depends on the labelFrozen target.

I'm using ANT 1.6.5. I have attached java class and the build file.

Thanks,
Mohan