ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Failed to execute task move in Windows
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 19:32:04 GMT
Do we know _for sure_ that this bug is fixed in 1.7?

--
Rhino

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scot P. Floess" <floess@mindspring.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: Failed to execute task move in Windows


> When is 1.7 coming out?
>
> Anthony Goubard wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, I filled a bug about it 6 months ago. And then a few weeks later I 
>> fixed the bug. I've submitted the patch with the bug but the patch is not 
>> applied yet to the source code.
>> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=37701
>>
>> Hope this help for the patch to be in 1.7.
>>
>> Anthony
>>
>> Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
>>
>>> I think there was a bug with <move> that just changes character case on

>>> a case-insensitive file systems. <move> thought that the destination 
>>> file already exists, so it deleted it, but instead the original file was 
>>> deleted. I think it was fixed in 1.7.
>>>
>>> - Alexey.
>>>
>>> Leon Pu wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> my build file with task move failed in Windows, but the same build file
>>>> works in Linux. Could anybody tell me why?
>>>>
>>>> [build-script]
>>>> <project default="test">
>>>>   <target name="test">
>>>>     <move file="bi.jar" tofile="Bi.jar" />
>>>>   </target>
>>>> </project>
>>>> [build-script]
>>>>
>>>> [error-message]
>>>> Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005
>>>> Buildfile: build.xml
>>>> Detected Java version: 1.4 in: C:\java\jdk\j2sdk1.4.2_09\jre
>>>> Detected OS: Windows 2000
>>>> parsing buildfile C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrator\Desktop\build.xml with
>>>>  URI =
>>>> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/build.xml
>>>> Project base dir set to: C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrator\Desktop
>>>> Build sequence for target(s) `test' is [test]
>>>> Complete build sequence is [test, ]
>>>>
>>>> test:
>>>>      [move] Moving 1 file to C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrator\Desktop
>>>>      [move] Attempting to rename: C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrator\Deskto
>>>> p\bi.jar to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Bi.jar
>>>>      [move] Copying C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bi.jar to C:
>>>> \Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Bi.jar
>>>>
>>>> BUILD FAILED
>>>> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\build.xml:3: Failed to
>>>> copy C:\D
>>>> ocuments and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\bi.jar to C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\
>>>> Administrator\Desktop\Bi.jar due to C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrator\Desk
>>>> top\bi.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move.copyFile(Move.java:274)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move.moveFile(Move.java:226)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move.doFileOperations(Move.java:153)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Copy.execute(Copy.java:430)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1216)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1185)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExe
>>>> cutor.java:40)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1068)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:668)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:187)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:246)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:67)
>>>> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrato
>>>> r\Desktop\bi.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
>>>>         at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>>>>         at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:630)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move.copyFile(Move.java:262)
>>>>         ... 15 more
>>>> --- Nested Exception ---
>>>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Documents and
>>>> Settings\Administrator\Desktop\b
>>>> i.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
>>>>         at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>>>>         at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:630)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move.copyFile(Move.java:262)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move.moveFile(Move.java:226)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move.doFileOperations(Move.java:153)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Copy.execute(Copy.java:430)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:275)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:364)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:341)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:369)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1216)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1185)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExe
>>>> cutor.java:40)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1068)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:668)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:187)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:246)
>>>>         at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:67)
>>>>
>>>> Total time: 1 second
>>>> [error-message]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Best regards,
>>>> Leon
>>>>
>>>> __________________________________________________
>>>> Do You Yahoo!?
>>>> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
>>>> http://mail.yahoo.com
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>
>>
>
> -- 
> Scot P. Floess
> 27 Lake Royale
> Louisburg, NC  27549
>
> 252-478-8087 (Home)
> 919-754-4592 (Work)
>
> Chief Architect JPlate  http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate
> Chief Architect JavaPIM http://sourceforge.net/projects/javapim
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.5.5/335 - Release Date: 09/05/2006
>
> 



-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.5.5/335 - Release Date: 09/05/2006


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message