ant-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Martin" <antu...@gmail.com>
Subject Ant 1.7 - resources, unzip and copy
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:47:00 GMT
Hello,

I am having a look at the new resource feature in ant 1.7. This looks
extremly promising! Congratulations!

I have a question regarding <unzip> and <copy>: do we still need

In ant 1.7, one can do something like:
<copy todir="dest">
	<zipfileset src="pronline.war" includes="*" />
</copy>

Also, <zipfileset> now supports nested resource collections (like
<fileset>) to work on several zip files at the same time.

The "Related tasks" in the <unzip> doc shows that <unzip> can be
replaced by <copy>. Is there anything that we can do with <unzip> but
not with <copy>?

Thanks,

Patrick Martin.