ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Converting a shell script part to ant target
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 04:28:25 GMT
Speaking strictly for myself, I'll either just ignore queries like this or
respond in the manner that Rob did.

The problem is the way you phased your question: I (and I'm sure many of
the other experienced users) saw your question as an attempt to get us to
do your work for you. You provided no details about what you've tried
already, where you got stuck, etc. Things would have been very different
if you had provided not only the shell script you're trying to convert,
but also the build.xml that you'd started working on & a description of
where you're stuck (and what you tried that didn't work to get you
unstuck).

The experienced Ant users who hang out on this list do so because we want
to try and help people; if we didn't care we wouldn't do it. Personally,
monitoring the user list takes at least 30 minutes of my time everyday -
that's time that I could easily be spending on other things but I give
that time because once in a while I can answer a question that provides
that one key piece of information that someone needed to get back on
track. That said, this list is not your personal question answering
service; it's rude & disrespectful to come in here, post a question such
as the one you did & then be snarky to the people who have given you the
pointers you seem to need to get started.

Bottom line: read the smart questions FAQ again & come back once you're
tried to solve this problem yourself. We'll be more then happy to _HELP_
your figure out a specific problem (as opposed to just doing it all for
you).

JEC

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server Development
WAS Pyxis Lead Release Engineer

<pritesh.saharey@wipro.com>
04/27/2006 11:33 PM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

<user@ant.apache.org>, <floess@mindspring.com>
cc

Subject
RE: Converting a shell script part to ant target

Thanks Guys for your nice support and suggestions I will see how can I
get benefited from all the URL's you people have provided instead of
giving solutions.
And I also know the basics of before asking questions in forum that one
should try to reach the archive.
And also if you don't know the solution please be quite and try to
concentrate on your own work.

Thanks

Pritesh