ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Property problem in 1.6.5
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:04:10 GMT
FYI, this is a common mistake made; people use antcall incorrectly when
what they needed was the project depends attribute.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Irvine [mailto:greg.irvine@thalesatm.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:11 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Property problem in 1.6.5

Hi all.

I'm having a problem with property values not existing outside of the
target
they're created/set in.

For example (see below), I have a "jar" target that calls an "update"
target.  The update calls svn status to populate a property with the
current
svn version number and then I echo the property.  Control then returns
"jar" where I attempt to echo the property again.
The property echoes correctly within the "update" target (e.g.) "11134",
but
displays as "${repository.revision} in the "jar" echo.

Any ideas?

Please CC me in the response for faster delivery.

Thanks and regards,

Greg.

<target name="jar">
    <antcall target="update>
    <echo>REVISION=${ repository.revision }</echo>
</target>

<target name="update">
    <svn>
        <status path="." revisionProperty="repository.revision"/>
    </svn>
    <echo>REVISION=${ repository.revision }</echo>
</target>

TIAA-CREF