ant-user mailing list archives

From "Meyer, Guillermo" <guillermo.me...@eds.com>
Subject RE: How to add Logging information to ANT
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:39:47 GMT
Brian:
Thanks for your response.
The xml logger works, but we want to add more information to the log, as
execution time of each task. Do you know how to do that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian McCallion [mailto:brian.mccallion@bronzedrum.com]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 11:20 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: How to add Logging information to ANT

Hi Guillermo,

I tried the Log4J approach, but I found that the xml logger actually
works
best for me.

With this option the build still can write to stdout while it's
executing,
but you also get a very detailed log in the form of an xml file.  It
includes time per task and a other very detailed information.

To create a summary report, ANT includes a log.xsl stylesheet that you
can
use to transform the detailed xml log into a very nicely formatted html
file.  Then you can insert the html file into mail messages and send it
out
to people on your notification list.

Hope this helps.  Once I found the xml option I was pretty satisfied
with
the logging.

Regards,

Brian