ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <>
Subject RE: Help with ftp
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 17:14:52 GMT
I've had this exact problem with Ant's FTP, SCP, and SSH; they're
agonizingly slower.  So I spawn a new shell or use Exec to the system, much

Also I used to Ant-FTP from my Windows server to our Linux server which took
a long time. So instead, I set up an FTP client through IIS on the Windows
box and tell my ant script to ssh to the linux box and run the ftp script to
get the files from the windows.  More work but now the whole process to
transfer a 100MB file takes 3 minutes vs. 20 minutes before.  I'm not ruling
out my network connections and they could easily be a factor.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Rakesh Patel <>
To: Ant <>
Subject: Help with ftp
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:42:52 +0100

i am writing a ftp task using the common-net library as recommended. It does
work but i am surpised at its performance.

I am uploading a 5mb file and it takes almost a minute. When i use a
dedicated Windows ftp client (AbsoluteFTP) the transfer takes a quarter of
the time.

Is there some configuration i need to do or is it a poor performer in
general? Can i replace it with something else? Any suggestions?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: