ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject Project Build Strategy Question:
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:31:28 GMT
I have about 9-10 different projects automated under Anthill OS nightly.  I
set up a property sheet for each project where I call speicific targets out
their respective build.xml to generate war files, etc.  I have not declared
any project dependencies as they're not needed at this point -- only two
projects depend on each other and I fake it by building them in time order.
Then a master build.xml file kicks in as the last build of the night,
packages the war and necessary jar files, checks in the files which have
been modified, and tags all the projects in the repository by committing the
local working folders under Anthill into Subversion and finally it deploys
the war files to the servers for QA testing, etc.

Is this a good strategy?  Any suggestions or feeback? Thanks.