ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Is there an ant version that supports JavaCC 4.0?
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:03:56 GMT

On Apr 4, 2006, at 1:06 AM, Michelle Le wrote:

> To build my code in Java 5, it's required to upgrade JavaCC to
> version 4.0.  I have downloaded JavaCC source and built the
> JavaCC.zip file.
> I'm having problem when executing javacc from ant build.xml file. ant
> is looking for "COM.sun.labs..." when the source that I have built
> contains "org.javacc" package name.  "COM.sun.labs" is defined in the
> COM_PACKAGE value in the
> C:\Apache-Ant-1.6.5\apache-ant-1.6.5\docs\manual\api\constant-
> values.html#org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.javacc.JavaCC.COM_P
> ACKAGE.
> There is also an ORG_PACKAGE_3_1 defined as "org.javacc".
>   My questions are:
>
>   1. How do I change my build environment so ant will resolve to the
> "org.javacc" package? OR
>   2. How do I change the COM_PACKAGE Constant Field Value in ant so I
> will resolve with "org.javacc" instead of "COM.sun.labs"?

Are you using the latest version of Ant?   I don't recall the
specifics, but in Lucene we used to use <java> to launch the JavaCC
program, but I switched it back to <javacc> and all has been well
with JavaCC 3.2.  I have not tried 4.0 though.  We define a macro to
launch JavaCC - see http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/
common-build.xml - like this:

   <macrodef name="invoke-javacc">
     <attribute name="target"/>
     <attribute name="outputDir"/>
     <sequential>
       <mkdir dir="@{outputDir}"/>
       <javacc
           target="@{target}"
           outputDirectory="@{outputDir}"
           debugTokenManager="${javacc.debug.tokenmgr}"
           debugParser="${javacc.debug.parser}"
           debuglookahead="${javacc.debug.lookahead}"
           javacchome="${javacc.home}"
       />
     </sequential>
   </macrodef>

Maybe <javacc> cannot work with JavaCC 4.0 though - its a bit brittle
under the covers in this regard, last time I looked.

	Erik