ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Looping through a file contents and dynamically add <transaction> for each line in the file to <SQL> task
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 05:08:22 GMT
>Question: What is the industry standard for Database
>scripts?(i.e., either using "SQL" ANT task or using
>sqlplus.exe inside ant through "Apply/Exec" tasks)?

I think it's more a question from you come from.
if your programming java: JDBC
if your programming make files: sqlplus
if your programming Ant files: <sql>
if your programming windows: ADO.NET (?)

If you use <sql> your are standard compliant: you could (in theory)
change the database.
But I think more important: your are completely java based and therefore
could change
the OS: think of a continous build server on a linux base.....

just my 2ct

Jan