ant-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject AW: How to remove tasks (commands)?
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 06:34:33 GMT
>> ant is integrated into our application (via API, this ant is
>not just
>> started as an external executable). Depending on the
>permissions of a
>> user I would like to remove some tasks (for example "exec") but it
>> must be user dependent.
>> With other words: in the same JVM, user "a" can execute
>"exec" but user "b"
>> not.
>> How can I do that?
>this is way out of ant's own set of use cases; you are on your own.

That´s right.
But as Steve started, we can give some some ideas ...

>I would look at how ant loads its own tasks and datatypes (via the
> files, and come up with a way of defining
>per-user tasks. However, I would never trust it to be that
>secure. You need to know exactly which ant tasks are extension
>points for inline scripting, new tasks and datatypes, etc, and
>make sure that they are not allowed.

You could patch your Ant version: replace the files in the ant.jar with
the definition of the tasks ALL users could use. Add the additional via taskdefs.

But: no guarantee ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message