ant-user mailing list archives

From "BOUSQUET Jeremie" <Jeremie.BOUSQ...@gemplus.com>
Subject How to build silently
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:06:20 GMT
Hello,

I had some fun with <input> task in my generic build process with ANT,
to ask users for various things (labels, passwords ...).
But now teams use more and more automation, and I could not find any way
to easily make these <input> silent !

I know default values can be a solution, but sometimes these default
values can only come from command line (which is masked from end-user
and so not very usable here), and sometimes there is just no default
value (and so it will always ask you to press a key) ...

Is there any way to force ant to keep silent on <input> tasks with some
ANT command line option, or do I have to rethink (and redeliver ...) my
build ?

Any suggestions warmly appreciated,

-- Jeremie