ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@BellSouth.com>
Subject Printing out patternsets and/or filesets
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:50:44 GMT
Hi,

I need to know if there is a way to print out a patternset or fileset
for debugging.  Likesay if I've specified a patternset and given it an
ID:

<patternset id=thestuff>

            <include name="thing1"/>

            <include name="thing2"/>

</patternset>

Or for a fileset, similar situation.

<fileset dir="/theplace" id="thefiles">

            <patternset refid="thestuff"/>

</fileset>

How do I go about displaying the list of what the fileset resolved to?
Or the contents of the patternset?    (I mean other than debug or
verbose, I'd like to just see this in the output).

Just to rule it out, I tried the obvious <echo message="the files are
${thefiles}"/> which of course didn't work.

Help appreciated.

-Carlton

and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 163