ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: How to build silently
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 04:04:39 GMT
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, BOUSQUET Jeremie <>

> I know default values can be a solution, but sometimes these default
> values can only come from command line (which is masked from
> end-user and so not very usable here), and sometimes there is just
> no default value (and so it will always ask you to press a key) ...

I'm not sure I understand this.  If the default value must come from
the command line, how would you want to automate this?

<input> won't display a prompt at all if the property it intends to
set already has a value before running the task, so you can suppress
the whole task by providing values upfront.  I'm not sure whether this
is true for 1.6.5 or the change went into Ant's trunk later, so it may
not be an option for you.

Otherwise, take a look at
<>, in particular

To unsubscribe, e-mail: