ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7 - resources, unzip and copy
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:35:01 GMT
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Patrick Martin <antuser@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for this super-fast answer.
> So <unzip> still has its importance.

Even if it didn't, we'd still keep it around for backwards
compatibility and <unzip src="some.zip" dest="some-dir"/> may still be
easier to read and more convenient to write than

<copy toDir="some-dir">
  <zipfileset src="some.zip"/>
</copy>

I'd stick with unzip unless I needed one of the additional features of
copy (like mapping file names).

> I am just being curious here... would it be hard to allow all file
> based resource collection in <zipfileset> (several resources)?

When I worked on the resource collection stuff I stopped short of
turning zipgroupfileset into a resource collection as well.  That
would probably be what you have in mind.  A collection that creates a
zipfileset for each nested resource.

I don't remeber why I didn't go that far, probably because
zipgroupfileset was too strongly tied to the zip task to decouple it
in a convenient way.

Stefan