ant-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Sending Success or Failure mail
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:11:23 GMT

Hi All,

    I trying to send a mail which will contain the success or failure
message of Build, I stuck to one problem which is like this:

    I collect the build logs in various log files, but there is one
build.msg file where I collect the summary of builds which also contains
the failed messages, so my build.msg file loks something like this:

    Debug Build Started Thu Apr 27 11:31:51 IST 2006

    Building mmk/addressbook/taupgradedatabase Failed.

    Building goldpanel Failed.

    Building largescreen Failed.

    So I grep these "Failed" words in separate error.txt file and than
do a word count in this error.txt, if I found 0 count than shoots a mail
of success and if word counts are greater than 0 than shoots a mail of
failure. This is what I do in my shell script:

    count=`cat /usr/local/error.txt|wc -w`

    echo $count

    if [ ``$count'' = ''0'' ]

    echo "Runnning create mail script"

    echo "To:$maillist" > /usr/local/mail.txt echo "Subject:Build
Summary:: $product/$VER-$RELN/$status" >>/usr/local/mail.txt

     I stuck to this problem how to convert this in Ant target? Can
anybody help me out

     Now I think I am very clear this time, and if anyone still not
getting me please revert back to me. Sorry for the last mail.

+91 80 30298143(O)

of this message and any attachments.