ant-user mailing list archives

From "Varadarajan, Srivathsan" <SVaradara...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: checking property values
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:53:12 GMT
Sure. Have a look at the <equals> condition.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/conditions.html

-- Srivathsan

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo [mailto:leostar_77@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:30 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: checking property values

Hi,
               Iam trying to write a Ant based installer. It basically
will ask for input from the user and then based on that information does
different things. Iam not sure how to check if certain property is
something?

  Ex:
<input message="Enter the number of Servers" addproperty="numservers"/>
  Now I need to do different things depending on the value of
numservers. Like in programming languages, we do:

  if (numservers == 1) {
  } else if (numservers > 1) {
  }

  Can we do something similar using Ant?

  Thanks!

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great
rates starting at 1&cent;/min.

TIAA-CREF