ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception in Style
Date Sun, 23 Apr 2006 17:12:07 GMT
Ron Jeffries wrote:
> On Saturday, April 22, 2006, at 12:59:24 PM, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>

>>If you are using JDK 1.4 or JDK 1.5 and did not do anything special, you
>>are using the xalan2 implementation which ships with the JDK.
>>
>>>What group or individuals might be interested?
>>>

>>The xalan-2 j team : http://xalan.apache.org/
>>Note that is quite possible that your bug is already fixed by the xalan
>>team, but not yet by sun.
>>To rule out this possibility, you need to download the latest releaseed
>>version of xalan.
>

> Thanks, Antoine ... I'm a bit confused. There is no jar named xalan,
> or anything like it, under my JAVA_HOME, though there is a folder
> called xalan in com/sun/org/apache/xalan. (That folder doesn't show
> up at all in my file explorer, but does show up after a search.
> Maybe it's hidden or something? Got me hangin. Anyway, there is no
> xalan.jar under JAVA_HOME.)

yeah. thats the sun deriviative of Xalan. you need a real one :)

> There /is/ a jar named ant-xalan1.jar under ANT_HOME, and I had the
> impression that Ant uses its own shipped XSL transformer, though it
> is a version of Xalan, I guess.

Ant ships xerces, but not XSL engine. ant-xalan1.jar is not xalan; it is
those .class files of ant that depend on xalan1,.

> Anyway, if I understand you, maybe I can find the xalan that is
> being used, download a new one, and ascertain whether the bug is
> fixed in the latest version. If not, I can then join the appropriate
> list and submit a bug report to the xalan team.

You are probably using the version of Xalan that came with Java. Get a
new version first -it may fix your problem immediately. if not, create a
good self-contained test case and report the bug against xalan.

-steve