ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: junit tests in single jvm
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:54:19 GMT
P.S.Lokesh wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> My doubt was like, if we call two java tasks inside parallel task will
> it be started in same jvm, where we started ant, or each task will be
> started in separate jvm.

If the jvm forks then its two separate JVMs. If it is not forked, then
its the same JVM. However, you will probably end up with two different
classloaders and two different security managers to try and catch
System.exit() calls. Because of the classloaders, you will not have
access to the contents of the other <java> thing. You will be using your
own copy of all classes except those loaded by Ant's own classloader.

-steve