ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: perculiar war task issue
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:27:47 GMT
Stan Ou wrote:
> thanks for your reply.
>
> But the list of directories is about 20 to 25 folders
> long and can grow.  maintaining that list in the war
> task is probably the last thing I would do if all
> others fail.  I want something a bit more
> maintaince-friendly.
>

> --- Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:

Hello Stan,
one thing which might work would be to generate on the fly in ant the
war task fragment that you need, precisely the list of filesets.
You could using a dirset and pathconvert find the list of base
directories you are interested in, convert it to a property,
then invoke the style task with a small stylesheet of your own to
generate the <war/> fragment, which you can then invoke using <ant/>.

The clean solution would be that you write a new task which extends the
war task, and is able to populate itself with filesets automatically.
Regards,
Antoine