ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: <apply> over multiple directories?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:08:49 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
> I've used <cc> extensively with C/C++/Fortran, and although there's a
> learning curve to it, it's very good IMHO. Have you discussed your
> issues on the Ant-Contrib list? But I'll grant you, going the <cc>
> route is a significant investement. The dependency management is very
> good though, and allows to do reliable incremental builds. --DD

Yeah, the dependency stuff is the main reason I was interested in it.
That and the ease of adding flags for specific operating systems while
not affecting the others.

I did raise the issue over on the ant-contrib forums, but didn't get a
response.  The issue seems to be that even when you say name="g++", it
still compiles with "gcc".  I couldn't tell this for sure with the time
I had, but I did make the observation that the output from <cc> was the
same as when you forget to use g++ instead of gcc: you get missing
libraries.  I might just end up hacking the code since it seems like
people have raised similar bugs of this nature on their bug tracker but
which never get attention from the actual developers.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd