ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hi
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:34:59 GMT
venkata kiran wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   We are using Ant version 1.6.5 and Starteam 5.2,I am using some of the statteam tasks
in the build file and I am facing these errors.

well, stack traces are a wonderful thing.

hint #1

>   com.starbase.starteam.SDKRuntimeException: Problem opening connection:

hint #2: another exception, this time from a mainstream java library

> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:309)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:124)
>         at com.starbase.starteam.vts.comm.TcpIpConnection.internalConnect(TcpIpC
> onnection.java:78)
>
>   Could you please let me know if any imp jar file,I am missing in classpath.

why not look up in your JDK as to what that particular exception means,
or look for the string "connection refused" on your favourite search engine.

I know this sounds like a lot of work by someone who seemingly knows the
answer to your problem. I dont know- I just know how to debug java
problems from stack traces. This is a useful skill to have, and I
strongly encouage you to start acquiring it :)

-steve