ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I keep an import statement from resetting a path id?
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:43:17 GMT
I short Eric, id attributes are handled differently for historical
reasons, at parse time (think of it that way anyway), and not at
runtime. So the fact that the id is within an <if> doesn't matter.
I've posted a short <reference> task somewhere in bugzilla for a bug
related to id's in <macrodef>s, which allows to postpone the reference
setting to runtime (and additionally allows to 'compute' the reference
name, since Ant properties are expanded, unlike in id attributes).
Alternatively, you can do the same using a small <script>, and
p.setReference() (or something of the like, I don't recall). I hope
this helps. --DD