ant-user mailing list archives

From ilango <ilango...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help with ftp
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:03:27 GMT
Hi Rakesh
I would very much appreciate it if you could post the configuration details.

thanks a lot

Rakesh Patel <rakesh.mailgroups@gmail.com> wrote: Hi guys,

you are not going to believe this!

At the moment my war file is 5mb that i wish to ftp to the server.

Using the recommended library (Common-net) the upload took almost a
minute. This is quite poor. My colleague then told me he can transfer
the file using Absolute FTP (a free windows gui client) in less time.
Luckily the program is bundled with an exe for command line usage and so
i hooked it up to Ant with the exec task.

That took 30 seconds to do the transfer.

Then i tried the bog-standard Windows ftp client - 13 SECONDS!!!!

So thats what i'm going with. It was a bit tricky setting it up as the
docs are poor. If anyone wants to see my config let me know and i'll
post it here.

Very disappointed at the java ftp library.

Cheers

Rakesh