ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Javac tasks (when calling from java)
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:42:23 GMT
Correct, as far as Ant is concerned, you should set
JAVA_HOME to the location of the Java SDK.  That
assumes you want to use things from tools.jar .  If
you were using a different compiler, e.g. jikes or
jdt, you might get by without tools.jar and thus
JAVA_HOME could safely point to a JRE.  But for normal
out-of-the-box Java Ant builds, point JAVA_HOME to the
SDK.

See
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#installing
under "Setup".