ant-user mailing list archives

From Joe Moore <i_bu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Javac tasks (when calling from java)
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:10:22 GMT
I've noticed that with Java 5, when you install it it installs the JDK in a separate folde
than the SDK I think it used to be a subfolder of the SDK but is now its own separate folder.
This then puts the tools.jar in the SDK and outside the CLASSPATH.
As a workaround I've added the full path to the tools.jar file and that has resolved the issue.
Not sure if this is the best way, but something to look for.

Anyone else have this experience with Java 1.5?

HTH,

Joe Moorei_bugsy@yahoo.com

----- Original Message ----
From: Oliver Schalch <oliver.schalch@wyona.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2006 10:19:22 AM
Subject: Javac tasks (when calling from java)

Hi List,

Another Problem...

Calling ant from Java (inside a bigger project)

Unable to find a javac compiler; com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the
classpath. Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

Alright, ofcourse the JAVA_HOME are set correct.

How could I fix that?

Do I have to write a own classloader with the tools.jar in it, and use
it with project#setClassLoader ?

Any hints, please.

Thanks
Oliver