ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: <cvs*> tasks -- how to specify location of cvs.exe
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:19:14 GMT
Hi,

if cvs ain't on path , you might try the <exec> task, f.e. =

<exec dir="${ant.working.dir}" executable="C:/SCM_tools/cvsnt/cvs.exe">
        <arg line="-d :pserver:dummy@cvsprod:d:/cvsrepos/foobar -Q co
ProjektA"/>
 </exec>

Regards, Gilbert

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Giroux [mailto:mlgiroux@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:25 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: <cvs*> tasks -- how to specify location of cvs.exe

The CVS related tasks require that the cvs executable is on the PATH.

I have two versions of cvs installed, one at c:\bin\cvs\cvs.exe
The other at c:\cygwin\bin\cvs.exe.

Both versions show the same version information:
Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.20 (client)

When I attempt to execute the target that contains <cvschangelog> using
the
cygwin copy of cvs, I get the following error:
cvs server: cannot open directory /cvsroot/howl/howl/logger

When I execute using the version in my c:\bin\cvs directory, the task
runs
successfully.  So while these two versions of CVS appear to be the same
version, they certainly do not work identically.

Is anyone aware of any issues with the cygwin version of cvs command?
Any
tricks to using it with <cvs*> ant tasks?

I did not see that I could specify a nested search path in the <cvs>
commands.  Is there a way to force ANT to use a specific executable for
the
<cvs*> tasks?

Thanks
Michael Giroux