ant-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Irvine" <greg.irv...@thalesatm.com>
Subject Property problem in 1.6.5
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:11:14 GMT
Hi all.

I'm having a problem with property values not existing outside of the target
they're created/set in.

For example (see below), I have a "jar" target that calls an "update"
target.  The update calls svn status to populate a property with the current
svn version number and then I echo the property.  Control then returns to
"jar" where I attempt to echo the property again.
The property echoes correctly within the "update" target (e.g.) "11134", but
displays as "${repository.revision} in the "jar" echo.

Any ideas?

Please CC me in the response for faster delivery.

Thanks and regards,

Greg.

<target name="jar">
    <antcall target="update>
    <echo>REVISION=${ repository.revision }</echo>
</target>

<target name="update">
    <svn>
        <status path="." revisionProperty="repository.revision"/>
    </svn>