ant-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: ant/maven integration and optional tasks
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 02:32:12 GMT
Laurie Harper wrote:
> I'm trying to integrate an Ant build which uses optional tasks
> (specifically, the <script> task) into a Maven2 build. The trouble is, I
> can't find a way to get the necessary dependencies onto the classpath.
>
> I'm using Maven's antrun plugin to call the Ant build using the <ant>
> task. But I don't see any mechanism in the <ant> task for specifying the
> classpath that should be used for the invoked build.
>
> Since I also can't see a way with Maven's antrun plugin to specify a
> classpath to invoke Ant with, I'm at a dead end.
>
> Is there a general mechanism in Ant for importing dependencies for
> optional tasks that might work in this scenario? Ideally I'd like the
> Ant build to work when invoked with Ant as well as when invoked through
> Mavent, but I'd settle for a solution that only worked with Maven if
> that's the best that can be achieved.

OK, thanks to a response on the Maven list I figured out how to
configure the plugin with the necessary dependencies. However, now I
have a different problem.

Ant is now complaining about the <replaceregex> optional task. According
to the manual, it should be able to use the JDK's regex APIs (I'm using
JDK 1.5). I tried supplying ORO or Jakarta Regex but got the missing
dependencies error with all tree configurations.

What am I missing? Does this task have additional, undocumented
dependencies?

L.