ant-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject ant/maven integration and optional tasks
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:07:55 GMT
I'm trying to integrate an Ant build which uses optional tasks
(specifically, the <script> task) into a Maven2 build. The trouble is, I
can't find a way to get the necessary dependencies onto the classpath.

I'm using Maven's antrun plugin to call the Ant build using the <ant>
task. But I don't see any mechanism in the <ant> task for specifying the
classpath that should be used for the invoked build.

Since I also can't see a way with Maven's antrun plugin to specify a
classpath to invoke Ant with, I'm at a dead end.

Is there a general mechanism in Ant for importing dependencies for
optional tasks that might work in this scenario? Ideally I'd like the
Ant build to work when invoked with Ant as well as when invoked through
Mavent, but I'd settle for a solution that only worked with Maven if
that's the best that can be achieved.

Thanks,

L.