ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andy Levy" <andy.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Really a non-forum related question
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:50:23 GMT
On 3/30/06, Res Pons <pons32@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I FTP couple of files from a Linux RHEL 3.5 server to a Windows Domain and
> my ftp script sends my password in raw ascii text.  I have no idea to send
> my password encrypted for Windows to understand.  Any idea, suggestion, or
> forum I can pose this question please?

FTP is plain-text only.  sftp/scp are secure methods of doing
basically the same thing, but require both a client and server - a
standard FTP server can't handle secure connections.  scp is, or at
least used to be, distributed with ssh (I think).  Or you could set up
an SSH tunnel and then FTP through that.