ant-user mailing list archives

From nimish_chou...@westpac.co.nz
Subject Re: Generating PDF documentation .
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:52:14 GMT
Thx Steve ,
           But would like to know , where is the source code for all the
steps mentioned below ? I could not find that in the Ant source .

Nimish

Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org>
04/03/2006 00:35
Please respond to "Ant Users List"

        To:     Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Generating PDF documentation .

nimish_chourey@westpac.co.nz wrote:
> Hi ,
>         Would like to know , how to generate the PDF documentation
similar
> to what is found in ANT docs (appendix_e.pdf) .
>
> Nimish

ahh. Fully automated PDF generation is still on the todo list.

Appendix E is "appendix E" of Java development with Ant, which was done by

-writing the xdoclet based stuff in the sandbox to generate simple
documentation from the source
-annotating every single file with meaningful descriptions
-generating some intermediate form
-fixing it up by hand in frame maker (which took a professional
typesetter)

We want to improve automated doc generation, but nobody has invested the
effort in setting up the build process or porting all existing docs+
examples, which would be a lot of work.

-steve