ant-user mailing list archives

From "Coup, Douglas (MED US)" <douglas.c...@siemens.com>
Subject Invoking JUnit tests from Ant
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:17:29 GMT

I'm working with an Ant script that builds a collection of Java plug-ins
and then tries to run some Junit tests against them.

The running of the Junit tests is attempted using the <java> task (<java
classname="org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main"....>).  The -application
parameter is set to "org.eclipse.test.coretestapplication".

When the script gets to this task, I get a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: junit/framework/TestListener error.  The
plugins folder in the target area that the script is using has the
org.junit_3.8.1 plug-in there.  The ANT_HOME environment variable points
to a folder that contains a lib folder with junit-3.8.1.jar in it.  I've
also tried numerous things to get the plug-in's junit.jar into a
location where I thought it would be seen, but with no success.

Does anyone know how to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  I'm fairly
new to Ant, so don't hesitate to include some detail in your response.
:)

Douglas Coup
Software Engineer, Senior Staff
Soarian Target Architecture
Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services
51 Valley Stream Parkway, W12
Malvern, PA  19355  USA
Phone:  (+01) 610-219-1894
Fax:    (+01) 610-219-9222
Email:  douglas.coup@siemens.com

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice@shs.siemens.com

Thank you