ant-user mailing list archives

From "Manas_Das" <Manas_...@satyam.com>
Subject RE: regarding Ant
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:43:43 GMT
Hi Tanguy,
Thanks for your reply. Actually I am using WSAD to develop web projects
in java .but I am interested to work in a tool which uses system calls
directly I mean I want to get the low level ideas. Can I use ant while
using WSAD I mean can I get some benefit from ant or I don't need it
now.

Thanks and regards
Manas Ranjan Das

-----Original Message-----
From: RADEMAKERS Tanguy [mailto:Tanguy.RADEMAKERS@swift.com]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 7:54 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: regarding Ant

Hello Manas,

Ant is mainly used to automate processes related to developing java
software - so things like compiling, testing, deploying, etc. Think
about all of the things you do that do related to "development" (i.e.
not meetings - ant can't go to meetings for you yet) but don't involve
typing java code in your IDE. Some of these things are multi-step
processes that are tedious and error prone (the perfect example being
deploying your code to an application server: all that mindless
clicking!). Ant can be used to automate many of these things.

Look at the example build file in the outstanding ant docco (Using Ant
-> Writing a Simple Buildfile -> Example Buildfile) to see a really
simple example.

/t

DISCLAIMER: