ant-user mailing list archives

From "EJ Ciramella" <ejcirame...@upromise.com>
Subject RE: Generating property file with path name...
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 20:10:35 GMT
what's using the property in the property file?

why not have "/" instead of "\"?

If you MUST have "\", why not let your build finish, then have another replace step to change
"\" to "\\"?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Burbidge [mailto:mburbidg@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 2:11 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Generating property file with path name...

As part of an ant build I need to generate a properties file with a path
in it. I start with a "template" properties file with the following line
in it:

Home = @HOME@

I then use the following ant tasks to replace the @HOME@ with a path
generated as part of the ant build.

            <path id="home.path"
path="${basedir}/../../../../../build/win/debug"/>

            <property name="home.system.path" refid="home.path"/>

            <target name="gen.config">

                        <copy file="${ids.config.template}"
tofile="${ids.config}" overwrite="true">

                          <filterchain>

                            <replacetokens>

                              <token key="HOME"
value="${home.system.path}"/>

                            </replacetokens>

                          </filterchain>

                        </copy>

            </target>

The resulting file contains the following line:

Home = c:\xenon\build\win\debug

I thought this was really cool till I realized that the '\' must be
escaped in java property files. What I really want is:

Home = c:\\xenon\\build\\win\\debug

Can anyone suggest a better way to do this? Is there a way to get a
system path to put in a properties file with the appropriate escaped
charaters?

Thanks,

Michael-